Peggy S. Bisping
- Child Custody and Parenting Plans (schedules)
- Child Support Establishment, Enforcement and Modification
- Maintenance (formerly called alimony)
- Property Division
- Post-Decree Modifications and Enforcement
- Pre-Nuptial and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Mediation of Family Law issues
Ms. Bisping has been practicing law for more than 25 years; most of those years she has been dedicated to helping people navigate the family court system, whether it involves child custody, maintenance, or a division of marital assets. No family law matter is exactly the same and the case strategy will be determined by discussing the client’s goals and likely outcomes. Goals range along a spectrum from reaching an agreement in a mostly uncontested setting to determining trial strategy in a highly contentious matter. Whether you are looking for an attorney that will guide you through the process in reaching an agreement with the other party or you need an attorney that will take every step necessary to be prepared for a contested trial, then Ms. Bisping will be there beside you providing the level of personal service that a family law case needs.
Ms. Bisping is also approved by the Supreme Court of Kansas as a mediator in domestic matters. Drawing not only on years of working with families in the court system, but also the additional training to help parties successfully find a reasonable resolution, often with far less stress and expense than the traditional litigation path. Ms. Bisping as an experienced divorce attorney-mediator sets the tone of negotiations and gathers information and then finalizes the documents throughout the process. As a mediator, Ms. Bisping will be the neutral party who helps couples communicate, offers multiple options, and helps them to reach an overall agreement. Additionally, Ms. Bisping can explain the legal process and offer the parties support throughout the experience.
After many years and many trials, Ms. Bisping still finds that each family case is unique because the clients are unique. Regardless of your situation, Ms. Bisping is dedicated to helping you reach your goals with individually tailored, knowledgeable, thoughtful, cost-effective legal assistance. From the start Ms. Bisping strives to give her clients straightforward advice and to respond to the individual client’s concerns.
Ms. Bisping is a native Nebraskan and has practiced law in Illinois, Missouri and Kansas. For ten years, until joint Evans & Mullinix in 2016, she practiced law at the former firm of Hubbard, Ruzicka, Kreamer & Kincaid in Olathe.
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington DC, J.D., 1989
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO, BA 1986
- 2004, Kansas
- 2000, Missouri
- 1990, Illinois
Memberships & Professional Organizations
- Johnson County Bar Association (Member, Family Law Committee)
- Kansas Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Heartland Mediators Association (HMA)
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators (APFM)
- Member Honors Moot Court Team