If you live in a neighborhood with a homeowners’ association (HOA) then you could encounter HOA disputes in Kansas. HOAs are required by law to keep a budget every year. Therefore, if the HOA’s cash level falls below a certain level, the monthly HOA dues may be used to cover the shortfall. However, homeowners may blame the HOA for this mismanagement of funds.

Having a process for handling complaints will help make these issues a lot easier. All complaints should be in writing, which allows them to be easily verified.

What are bylaws associated with HOA?

A homeowners’ association has three governing document types including Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&Rs), and bylaws. CC&Rs are a legally binding document that is filed with the state and covers the rights and obligations of the homeowners’ association to its members. It may include issues such as property use, maintenance, rule enforcement, dispute resolution, insurance coverage, and lender protection.

In terms of bylaws, they cover the how. This means the structure of day to day is established with this legal document. From the process of nominating and electing board members to the number of members that serve at a time, the length of the terms, the meeting frequency, the duties of each member, etc. These bylaws are difficult to change.

Ultimately, an attorney can help you to understand all these legal documents in full. When you’re going through HOA issues and need legal guidance, an attorney can help you. They understand the law and know how to navigate the legal system so that your rights are protected.

Have issues with your Homeowners Association? Call a Lawyer Today!

When it comes to HOA Disputes in Kansas, it’s important to hire a qualified and experienced lawyer to have by your side. During a consultation, they can listen to your case and offer advice on how to handle it. They can handle all communication throughout the case allowing you to be represented without having to be involved in talking to the other side. To learn more about our services, call 913-962-8700 today.